Liquid Leadership Blog Home About Brad Szollose Goodies for Event Planners Videos Testimonials

Monday, December 17, 2012

For Some Things
in Life, There is Nothing We Can Say...




We all know what happened this past Friday, December 14th in Newtown, Connecticut. On Saturday afternoon I posted the following on my Facebook page:
"I have taken a full day to respond. Some things in this world require no discussion what-so-ever. Evil doesn't deserve a minute of my time. I choose to send loving support to parents and classmates and families and communities...because some people FEED off of this kind of drama. Before you respond to anyone, ask yourself: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?"
I CHOOSE to be positive. I CHOOSE to ignore the 24 hour news coverage on every major news station. I CHOOSE not to be sucked into a political debate on reforming gun laws. I grew up with guns and learned to shoot at 10. Not going there.

I CHOOSE to ignore the media, and their lack of any true journalism in this matter. It is simply fodder to get ratings and give advertisers a captive audience. I CHOOSE to continue to mention in passing when I can, the side-affects of such drugs as Paxil, Ritalin, Zoloft, Latuda, Seroquel, Adderal, Resperidal and any one of a multitude of prescription drugs have been found in the bloodstream of every one of these shooters. From Columbine to Newtown to Virginia. The media continues to gloss over this. Investigative journalism seems to be biased these days. A waste to even get upset anymore.

Why do I choose this path? Because if I went deep into the rabbit hole, I would never come out.


I CHOOSE instead to send love to these families. My limit has been reached in the negative side of things...all that is left is something new. I CHOOSE to focus on the positive instead. Like this wonderful blog post by a mother who lives in Newtown CT:

Newtown as I Know It

Written by Jamie Martin, editor of Simple Homeschool and writer at Steady Mom

Photo credit: Jamie Martin
"I fell in love with this small town over two years ago. My kids attended a week-long summer camp here. After dropping them off I would wander–finding a place to write or take a walk–until time to pick them up again. Driving these country roads birthed a new dream for my family–a different type of life that would include fields and farms, refuge and freedom."
There is ALWAYS another side to things. Thank you Jamie.

 I am not saying we should all ignore the trauma of this world, hold hands and sing Kumbaya. I am saying that we attract what we focus on. Our subconscious mind doesn't know the difference between no I don't want this or yes, I do want this. Focus is focus. So, if we place our attention on stopping gun violence, we will actually get more gun violence. Mother Teresa of Calcutta knew this idea when she stated...

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."

Mother Teresa

Pass it on. A friend from my alma mater commented on my Facebook page this morning...

"You have no idea how relieved and happy I am to have chosen your post to read before scanning through all of the other posts that followed. I don't think I can stand too much more of the posts on Facebook or constant rehashing from the media.
Earlier I posted Let It Be by The Beatles and it's exactly what I intend to do.
As high strung as I am, in times of sorrow or tragedy I always manage to stop and be still and I begin to search for the good and to try focus on that rather then the evil or the bad, or the sadness. I can't change what happened. No one can.
Keep posting things like this. It truly makes a difference. "


Thank you Melissa for the kind words. But we all have to do our part. Stay positive. Hug your children. Understand that every parent, uncle and teacher is numb right now. Positivity, spreads more positivity...

The VERY BEST to everyone...pass it on. It DOES make a difference.








Brad Szollose

Click here is The Beatles, Let It Be.

PS: If you are interested in one of our white papers entitled... 

What Every Business Needs
to Know About Generation Y:

Understanding How Technology Transforms Culture and Behavior,
and Impacts Management, Interaction
and Expectations
 

 

email us with your name, title and email address.
Your information is confidential.

Ask me how I can help your company evolve into the 21st Century of Management.


Web Pioneer Brad Szollose is the *award-winning author of Liquid Leadership: From Woodstock to Wikipedia which explores the subject of new leadership styles – mainly how to get the tech-savvy Generation Y and analogue driven Baby Boomers working together. ISBN-13: 978-1608320554

But this is not based on management theory:
Brad is a former C-Level Internet executive who went from entrepreneur to IPO in 3 yrs – co-founding K2 Design, the very first Dot Com Agency to go public on NASDAQ. His Results Only management model was applied to the first wave of Gen Y workers producing great results– 425% profitable growth for 5 straight years and winning K2 the Arthur Andersen NY Enterprise Award for Best Practices in Fostering Innovation among his employees!

Today, through his workshops and keynotes, Brad helps Fortune 500 Companies close the Digital Divide by understanding it as a cultural divide—created by a new tech-savvy worker...and customer.

Mr. Szollose also writes a monthly column on business and marketing techniques that reach Generation Y for A Captured Mind newsletter and is part of The Mind Capture Group faculty.

* 2011 Axiom Business Book silver medal winner in the leadership

* #1 Amazon Best-Selling Author

"I just had my mind blown..." - A.S., Vistage, New York

Liquid Leadership by Brad Szollose is available at all major bookstores and for Kindle, Nook, iPad and Sony ereaders. Internationally published in India and S. Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brad Szollose Bio:


__________________________________________________________________

Who Is Brad Szollose?: 

Brad Szollose, host of Awakened Nation®
First things, first. How do you say Szollose?
It’s pronounced zol-us.

From founding partner and CMO of K2 Design, Inc. the first Digital Agency to go public on NASDAQ to international leadership development expert, Brad Szollose has worked with household names like MasterCard, American Management Association and Tony Robbins, to create leadership training programs for a new generation.

As an award-winning creative director, he has been the creative force behind hundreds of high-end corporate events, personal and consumer brands, and website launches. Brad is the recipient of the Corporate Identity Design Award and the Axiom Business Book Award along with various awards for website and print design.

Brad's unique management model was awarded the Arthur Andersen New York Enterprise Award for Best Practices in Fostering Innovation Amongst Employees (Workforce Culture).

Today, the world’s leading business publications seek out Brad’s insights on next-generation leadership development, branding and modern Management Strategies, and he has been featured (both print and online versions) in Forbes, Inc., Advertising Age, USA Today, New York Magazine, The Huffington Post, International Business Times, Le Journal du Dimanche (France), and The Hindu Business Line to name a few, along with television, radio and podcast appearances on CGTN America, CBS, Roku Network and other media outlets.

Brad continues to challenge the status quo with the 10th Anniversary Edition of Liquid Leadership, and his new podcast, Awakened Nation®: a Deep Dive into Extraordinary Conversations.

After 35 years in New York City, he now splits his time between Las Vegas and Denver. In his free time, he enjoys hiking in the mountains, working Star Trek quotes into everyday conversation, and painting and drawing the stunning landscape of the American Southwest and The Rocky Mountains.